On June 4th, I got to celebrate my first birthday since Preston arrived. I thought turning a quarter of a century would make me feel old but it wasn't so bad :) I spent the day with my sweet boy relaxing at the house. That evening my parents came over to babysit Preston while Blake and I went out for our first date night without Preston. It was so strange just being the two of us! I kept calling my Mom to check on him and we both kept talking about him while we were away. We missed our little guy! I really did enjoy our romantic night out though. We went to Firebirds (my favorite restaurant), grabbed a Chick-Fil-A ice cream cone (delicious) and did some shopping. My sweet husband also made me completely made-from-scratch carrot cake for my birthday cake. I had made the comment to him a while back that I always make people birthday cakes (baking is a love of mine) but I hardly ever get a homemade one for mine. Not that I'm not thankful for store-bought cakes! Anyway, he called me up on his way home from work the night before my birthday and said he was going to make me a cake for my birthday! Blake is not too familiar with the kitchen if you know what I mean so I was a bit surprised to say the least. It was very thoughtful of him. I had to stand by and give directions but he did everything himself including cleaning up the dishes. And the cake was DELICIOUS! I'm so blessed to have my amazing husband.
In addition to my birthday, Preston turned 7 months old. It's hard to believe another month has bypassed us. This first year of his life is flying by and I know we will be celebrating his first birthday before I can realize it! I don't know his exact weight but he's probably gained a pound or so since his 6 month check-up which would put him probably around 21 pounds. He's still a big boy! Here are some of this month's new milestones and fun things!
-He is "talking" so much now, trying to make new sounds. He says "DaDa" all the time so we're going to consider this his first word. He doesn't know what it means but it still counts!
-He eats baby food twice a day, usually half a fruit and half a veggie each time. He seems to like all the foods except peas. He shudders and gags at the peas. It's pretty funny.
-Anytime he's in his carseat or stroller, he strains to lift his head and stare at people. Nosy little guy!
-He loves to be outside and walked around. He's got his Granddaddy spoiling him by walking him around the yard or in the neighborhood as long as Preston wants too. He's got some wonderful grandparents!
-Preston had his first dip in the pool! Blake got in my parents' pool with Preston and they had a great time splashing around. He loved the floating toys better than the water though. He loved splashing around though. I think he thought it was a huge bathtub :)
-We are still working on Preston sitting up unassisted. He can do it for a short time but then he falls forward. Still needs a little balance.
I'm sure there are more but I can't think of anymore at the moment (it's around midnight and I'm pooped). Enjoy a few pictures of this month!
No comments:
Post a Comment