We tried this one tonight and it was incredibly yummy! The recipe makes a lot so if you have a small family, I recommend cutting it in half. This is a very inexpensive meal so it would be a great for a crowd when you have a small budget.
You will need:
1 lb ground beef
2 cans Grands Biscuits (8 biscuits in each can)
8 slices American Cheese
Preheat oven according to biscuit package directions. Brown meat and season as desired. I used seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic powder and dried thyme. Roll out biscuits. Spoon a few tablespoons of meat onto one half of the biscuit. Top with 1/2 slice of cheese. Fold over the remaining half of the biscuit and seal with a fork. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Tips/Suggestions:
Chopped onion is an option to add while browning the meat
I used sliced cheddar cheese instead of American. It's your preference.
I used homestyle biscuits instead of flaky. They may not hold the pocket together as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment