Wednesday, August 11, 2010

9 Months


Boy, nine months seems like a long time when you are pregnant...funny how that changes. It really does feel like I just had Preston. My fellow moms sent their kids off to school for the first day back today. I have a feeling that's going to be me before I can blink an eye...okay, no more mushiness. Now to the fun stuff!

We had Preston's nine month check-up on Monday. He currently weighs 22 lbs 11 oz (80%) and measures 28.5 inches (57%). Oh and his head measured 18.5 (not sure of the percentile on it). I was quite surprised at his percentages, given he has been in the 90th bracket of both weight and length since he was born. But the doctor said he was very healthy and looked great! And that's all that matters to us. No shots this time so even Preston enjoyed the doctor visit. He sat and listed to everything she had to say - he's very curious of people :)

Here is Preston's typical schedule throughout the day.
Wakes between 5:30-6:30 to nurse
Goes back to sleep until 8:30 or 9:00 (sometimes longer)
Wakes and nurses, then has his oatmeal
Playtime
Takes a morning nap around 10:30 or 11:00 for about an hour or two
Wakes and nurses, then has lunch. He eats a veggie & a fruit and has a little bit of juice/water or G2 (lower sugar Gatorade)
Playtime and/or running errands with Mommy.
If we are at home, he will take another nap around 4:00. Otherwise, he naps in the car while we're out. He prefers not to nap once we get home :)
After his afternoon nap, he has a snack while Mommy starts on dinner. Usually it's a pack of MumMums, puffs or some grapes in his mesh feeder (loves the feeder).
Playtime/cartoons with Daddy while Mommy finishes dinner
Nurses around 6:30, followed by his dinner. He has part of a 3rd foods meat/veggie or pasta/veggie along with a fruit or yogurt. He also has a little more juice/water.
Bathtime is around 7:30 and Bedtime is 8:00

Fun Facts:
-He loves to roll around and while on his tummy, he will "walk" his upper body around with his arms to get to a toy. I think crawling is coming soon.
-He can stand momentarily against an object, but still needs support
-Unless he has a toy in them, his arms are usually spread out wide and his hands are wiggling and waving. He's a busy boy.
-He loves to yell...and loudly. He demands your attention asap :)
-Riding in the buggy is a new fun adventure. I think he likes it better than his stroller. He takes in all the sights.
-He reaches up for me to pick him up. Heart melting :)
-Has a touch of separation anxiety when I leave the room. It's not too bad if he's preoccupied with someone/something.
-He loves our cat and dog and squeals and laughs when they come near him. I have a feeling they won't be coming around him once he gets too mobile...
-Loves electronics, including cell phones, remote controls and the laptop. I just bought him a toy remote which he is slightly interested in...until he spots the real one.
-Hates Chicken noodle baby food
-Does very well feeding himself puffs or yogurt melts. It's so cute to watch.
-Also does very well holding/drinking out of his sippy cup.
-Table foods he has tried: baked potato, mashed potatoes, watermelon, bananas, mac n cheese. In his feeder he's had grapes and apples. We're working on trying more. We just recently bumped up to some 3rd foods.
-No teeth yet. I'm sure they will be coming soon.
-He loves cartoons on Nick Jr. He drops everything he's doing if the t.v. comes on so he can see what's show it is. He already has favorites.

I guess that's about it for this month. I'm posting one of his nine month photos taken by Ann Wade Parrish. She always does an awesome job for us. They turned out wonderful! I'll post more later, it just takes forever! New recipe post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment