Monday, July 12, 2010

Taco Pasta Salad

I found this recipe on the KitchenMonki website. It's a great site that has a huge inventory of recipes as well as a meal planning guide and grocery shopping tips. This recipe sounded delicious and that's exactly how it turned out. It's a twist on your typical taco salad, using noodles instead of chips. I definitely recommend this one!

You will need:

1 lb ground chuck
8 oz. rotini noodles
1 pkg taco seasoning
3/4 c. water
1/2 white onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
Shredded cheddar cheese
Salsa
Sour Cream

Boil noodles according to package instructions. Meanwhile, brown the ground chuck until cooked through. Drain excess grease and add chopped onion and bell pepper. Saute for a few minutes and then add the taco seasoning and water. Simmer until sauce thickens. The original recipe says to layer your plate, noodles, meat mixture and then a mix of the salsa and sour cream. I decided to add my noodles into the skillet with the meat mixture to coat them all evenly. We topped our bowls individually with cheese, salsa and sour cream. Very good!

Two more recipes below!

No comments:

Post a Comment