Wednesday, July 7, 2010

8 Months Old

Yep, here we are, another month old. Who knew time would fly so fast once you become a parent. I'm already getting birthday plans together. Preston is going to have one big shin-dig of a party :) Here goes this month's milestones, "firsts" and a few fun facts:

- Preston can now sit unassisted for a small amount of time. He still gets excited and ends up falling backwards so we have to be nearby to catch him.
- He is now taking one long nap a day, usually for 2-3 hours. I am so proud of him!
- We went to the doctor a few weeks ago for a rash and he weighed 21 pounds.
- He is now in his big boy carseat and loves it. He looks so grown up :)
- He now eats baby food 3 times a day and nurses 4-5 times.
- He says what we consider his first word, DaDa. He doesn't necessarily know that Blake is "DaDa" but it's still adorable to hear. Maybe MaMa will be coming soon :)
- He still loves to be walked around and see EVERYTHING. He will look around you if he's not interested in you to see what else is going on, ha ha.
- He sits straight up in his stroller so he can look out and inspect everything. He yells if I stop the stroller for more than 20 seconds.
- He still does the see-saw motion with everything he holds. It's so cute
- Whenever I break out the camera and call his name, he gives me this big "cheese!" grin. So funny.
- Preston has discovered that he can yell...and loudly. He loves to hear himself so he just does it for fun. I can't help but smile
- He loves to splash whether he's in the bathtub or the swimming pool. He loves the water.
- I'm adding a picture of Preston's first taste of watermelon. He loved it! There's also a collage of these pics on the 4th of July post. It's so cute I had to add a big one.

I think that's about it. Blake and I just think the world of our little boy and we are loving every moment of parenthood. We couldn't ask for more. I love my life!
Several new posts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment