

We had a wonderful Easter this year and I'm so thankful we now have our sweet boy to partake in celebrating our Jesus! What an awesome God we have - he has risen and LIVES!!! I had planned every detail of Easter morning which included us getting to church on time. Um, yeah right. I was up at 6:30 a.m. and it still wasn't enough time. Maybe next year we will opt for the late service instead of the early one. We did manage to take a few pictures of Preston with his Easter basket before rushing him into his clothes and out of the house. We went to my parents' house for an early lunch and then to Blake's grandparents' house for a late lunch :) Preston managed to squeeze in a nap on the drives in between. We had a great time visiting with family. I LOVE our families and it warms my heart to see everyone together having fun. Preston was wiped by the time we got home and was asleep for the night at 7:30 (which by the way, he slept until 3:10 a.m., ate and went back down until 8:00 - so proud!). Preston got lots of goodies from the "Easter Bunny". I want to remember everything so thus the following list:
Children's Bible Stories book
Ducky blankie with his name on it. We have named him Mr. Quack
Fuzzy alligator ring-shaped teether
His first sippy cup!
Small bunny that hops when wound up
Moisturizing bath wash
In addition to Easter, Preston turned 5 months old on Sunday. I truly cannot believe how fast the time is going by. He is changing so much and learning new things constantly. He loves to chew on his hands and suck either his thumb or first two fingers. He is also starting to grab his toes. He loves to play and chew on anything he can wrap his little fingers around. We gave him his sippy cup for the first time today with a little bit of water in it. He starting sucking that water down so fast I couldn't believe it. He loved it! He played with the handles a little bit but couldn't quite grasp it to hold. I honestly didn't even think he would even drink out of it. He's so big! (sniff) And I mean that developmentally AND physically. He is one hefty little guy. My biceps are sure to be bulging before too long :) Preston loves to be talked too and for me to tickle his tummy up to his chin. It cracks him up. He also loves to stare at his Daddy. He will stare and as soon as Blake looks, Preston looks away. It's hilarious. He loves his Daddy so much and Blake can always get him to smile. I can't wait to see what comes next - 6 months here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment