We've had several firsts over the last week. First off, (pun intended :) we went for our first family picnic while Blake was off work Friday. It was so nice outside so we packed some sandwiches and loaded up. Preston sat in his Bumbo and watched us eat but he seemed to be enjoying himself. We (Preston) had a poopie accident which required a change of clothes but other than that we just relaxed and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. Another first and MAJOR one is Preston started taking a one hour nap in his CRIB. It takes some convincing as he only allows it late afternoon, after a full meal, the bedtime routine and a paci (although he does not usually take one, he will accept it if he wakes while being laid in the crib). I am extremely proud of him because he honestly HATES to sleep and I mean HATES it! He will go down in his crib at night just fine but normally, if he's laid down anywhere during the day, he wakes up immediately and cries and refuses to go back to sleep. His "normal" naps consist of falling asleep on me, in the car, strolling around or in his carseat on the dryer. I know some people may criticize the latter but I can assure you, he has always been watched carefully. So like I said, this is a major milestone for us. In addition, Preston has also started grabbing and holding on to his toes. It's so cute to watch him in the floor holding those sweet little feet. He also started rolling up on his side. He can't quite make it all the way over but he's giving a good effort. I'm sure he'll go all the way very soon. Enjoy pictures of his firsts below (minus the nap - not taking a chance on the noisy camera flash).
I LOVED it when Carter found his toes, it is the most precious thing when they hold onto them. Carter would wake up from nap and all I would see from the door is two feet in the air with his little hands wrapped around them, adorable! Sometimes he still grabs them while I'm changing his diaper, love it!
ReplyDeleteGlad Preston is napping in his crib, it is wonderful isn't it? No tip toeing around anymore :)
It is so adorable Kim. I just smile and laugh when he does it because it's so cute! It's amazing how fast they learn new things and it seems the 5 month mark has really set him off with milestones. And yes, the naps are wonderful!!! He's much happier during the day when he sleeps for even an hour at a time. I also got him down for a morning nap the other day and I couldn't believe it! So proud of my boy!
ReplyDelete