Where did the time go? We are halfway to ONE YEAR!! I love watching this sweet boy grow and learn. What a blessing he is! We had his 6 month doctor's visit today and it went very well...until the shots of course. However, they had to prick his foot for blood work at the beginning of the visit and he did not cry. He just fussed a little bit at the prick and while they squeezed his foot for blood - but no tears! He is 20 pounds 8 ounces and 28 inches long. His head circumference is 18 inches. He is in the 92nd percentile for height and weight and 93rd for his head. Dr. Youngblood said he is just about symmetrically perfect :) He is such a sweet baby. He was smiling and laughing at the doctor. He did cry when he got the four shots but he recovered quickly, much better than last time. We started solid foods about a week or two ago but we held off the last few days when Preston seemed to have some tummy aches at night. We'll pick back up tomorrow and try his foods a little earlier in the day to see if it helps. Here are a few little things that Preston has been up to lately.
-Yesterday he rolled over by himself for the first time from back to tummy. But Blake and I both MISSED it! I left for Bunko and put Preston on his back on a blanket in the floor. Blake was watching TV on the couch above him. Blake calls me and says "Did you lay Preston on his back when you left?" Me: "Um, yes" Blake: "Well I just looked down at him and he was on his stomach." Side note: Preston rolled over again tonight and we both got to see it :)
- Last night was his first night to go without being nursed in the middle of the night. He woke up around 11:30 and after a half hour of 5 minutes intervals to return his paci, he fell back asleep until 5:00 a.m.
- Now that he can scoot around on his back, I find him sideways in his crib each morning. I peek down at him and he gives me the biggest grin. He's such a funny baby.
- He LOVES to squeal. When Blake or I talk to him all goofy, he smiles and lets out a huge squeal.
- He loves to hold his toes anytime he's on his back. This also includes riding around in his stroller (when he's in the carseat in the stroller).
- He gets distracted very easily now when he nurses. He likes to look around the room instead.
- He loves the seesaw toy on his exersaucer. As soon as I put him in it he gets both hands around the seesaw and goes back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...you get the idea. He focuses very hard on it and does is so fast. It's hilarious. I have a video that I'll try to post.
- He reaches for everything now. Anytime I have a drink or something in my hand he tries to wrap his little hands around it.
- He likes to pull hair now...kind of painful but still cute. He has a very firm grip and will clutch anything he can get those chubby fingers around.
- He likes his paci now - go figure? He's always hated it in the past but he likes it now when he gets sleepy.
- For a boy, he typically doesn't "spray" when he's getting a diaper change, but as soon as he hits the bathtub, here comes the fountain! It goes right out over his tub into the big tub. He's got good aim :)
His personality is developing now and he's at such a fun age. We love our baby boy so much! Now onto Month #7!
No comments:
Post a Comment