Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

What a sweet day. I very much enjoyed my first Mother's Day. I beam with pride when I look at my precious boy and I'm so thankful to be his Mama. I'm also proud to be the daughter of my beautiful mother. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing role model and best friend to call Mom. Preston surprised me with a beautiful pair of topaz (his birthstone) earrings for Mother's Day. They were sitting on his crib when I walked in his room (picture below). What a sneaky boy :) Honestly though, I have one thoughtful husband and I'm so thankful that he's mine! He also gave me the New Moon DVD (I'm an obsessed Twilight fan) and a framed photo of Preston and I that our photographer took and I had not yet seen. He is the best! After church we celebrated the day by having lunch with Blake's family and then dinner with mine. My brother, who lives in South Carolina, came in town on Sunday so we had a great time hanging out with him too. We also celebrated both my brother's birthdays with presents and an ice cream cake that I made. It was yummy! My loving sister-in-law made me a scrapbook of Preston for Mother's Day. She is the best! I have Preston's 6 months pictures back and I'll be uploading them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment