Tuesday, October 5, 2010

11 Months Old

Yikes! My baby is almost a year old! He has started so many thing this last month. I can't believe he's changing so quickly. We're slowly but surely moving into toddler-hood and I'm just not sure I'm ready. I love seeing him learn so many things though - makes a momma proud! I really don't know his weight and length but we'll get those stats at his 12 month check-up.

Let's see what all our little stinker has been up to...

-He started sitting up from a laying down position. He's always sitting up when I go in his room in the mornings or after he wakes up from nap.
-He's crawling! I call it a gimpy crawl. He uses one leg out and "walks" it while he drags other knee behind him. It's so cute to see him getting from one place to another. This also means he's into everything! I feel like "No-no" is my new favorite phrase :)
-We have a TOOTH! His first tooth popped through about two weeks ago and it's adorable! It's not all the way in yet so I can't really get a good picture of it yet. I'll be sure to post that when I get it.
-He's still nursing about 4 times a day. My plan is wean him at a year old so we will see how it goes. I want to do it slowly but I also want to make sure he adapts to cow's milk first.
-He's becoming a picky eater. He loves snack foods, cheese, crackers, puffs, cereal. However, we're having some problems with real foods. He eats a bite or two and doesn't want it anymore. This goes for potatoes, mac and cheese or any other "real meal" type foods. He also refuses some 3rd food baby foods. But I can always get him to eat pureed veggies or bite-sized fruits. Oh well, it's a working progress.
-He loves his musical table and will stand up against it and play for the longest time.
-He is very sensitive to loud noises and will get upset easily over them. When that happens he only wants Mommy :) I'm sure he will grow out of some of that though.
-He loves to ride around in his cars. He has an indoor push/ride car and an outdoor one. He holds onto the steering wheel and is ready to roll!

We're enjoying our first fall with Preston and his first Halloween is coming up! He was born 4 days after Halloween last year so we just missed it :) And his costume is adorable! We went to the Pumpkin Patch and Homestead Hollow with Preston this past weekend so stay tuned for more on those! In the meantime, here's two pictures of Preston in the "big car" and yes, we are parked and the motor was off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment