Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hashbrown Casserole

This recipe has always been one of my go-to dishes for potlucks. We had a girls movie night this week and boy did we have a smorgasbord of tasty treats. I love pot luck! So anyway, I took some pictures of the hashbrown casserole while I made it so enjoy! It's definitely one of my favs!

You will need:
30 oz bag frozen shredded hashbrowns
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz sour cream
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 sleeve Ritz crackers
4 tbls butter, melted (optional)

Mix first four ingredients until completely combined. I also add the melted butter to give it a little more flavor but this is completely optional. I also add salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 casserole dish. Crush Ritz crackers and sprinkle over the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Side note: I have also made this without the Ritz crackers and it's still delicious, just a little creamier without the crunchy topping.


No comments:

Post a Comment