Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanksgiving and the Iron Bowl

We had a great Thanksgiving with our families. My brother Shane came in town from South Carolina so it was nice to have everyone together again. We had a late lunch and my parents and an early dinner at Blake's grandparents. Totally stuffed...but oh so delicious. I absolutely love Thanksgiving food. I could eat Turkey and dressing weekly. Yum. Preston was a trooper and had a great time despite only having a 30 minute nap in the car.

Blake had a friend with an extra ticket to the Iron Bowl so he planned to head down to Tuscaloosa. Seeing as the game was on Black Friday, our day went like this: My brother met me at Target (b/c Blake would not allow me to go by myself and someone had to stay home w/Preston) at 3:30 AM to score a few deals on Christmas presents when they opened at 4:00. I know, I'm nuts. We had fun though! I don't get to hang out with my brother too often now that he's in South Carolina so it was nice of him to let me drag him all over Trussville in the wee hours of the morning :)

I got back by 9:00 just in time Blake to leave for the game. So we were both happy. I got to shop and he got to go to the game. Preston and I watched the game over at my parents house and we had a fun time watching Auburn win!!! War Eagle! Below are a few pictures of both Thanksgiving and the Iron Bowl









No comments:

Post a Comment