Thursday, February 10, 2011

15 Months

My little boy is getting so big! We are quickly sailing through his second year of life and he is changing so much. We went to the doctor yesterday for his 15 month check-up and he got a good report from the doc. He is very healthy, weighing in at 26 lbs 11 oz (78%) and measuring 33 1/2 inches long (97%). Big man!

He was not happy at the doctor's office though. As soon as we walked in the examination room, he immediately started fussing and getting clingy. I think he remembers about shots now...oh well, we made it through...poor guy.

My main concern was Preston's walking...or lack of I should say. He can walk against things but gets upset if we try to get him to let go.  He will stand alone for a little while if he's not paying attention...but the second he realizes there's no one holding him up, he drops. His doctor thinks it's just a matter of confidence and that nothing is physically or neurologically wrong. But if he's not walking by 18 months we have to see a physical therapist. So...we are working hard and practicing "letting go" as much as possible. I think it will happen soon but persistence, practice and prayer is what we're going to need :)

As for other things, he is currently sleeping about 10 or 11 hours at night and taking two naps a day. If he sleeps a little later, he can make it with only one nap.

He is a very picky eater. I think he could live off of bread, cheese and fruit...he loves his milk and I'm thankful for that. We stopped breastfeeding a few weeks after his first birthday after he transitioned over to whole milk. It was a lot easier than I anticipated and it was on his terms which makes me happy.

He loves balls and cars. He has an obsession with one particular ball which is detailed in the post prior to this one. He recognizes his cars as voom vooms. He tries to make the noise but it's more of a spitting sound, lol.  He drives them around the house voom vooming away. His favorite word is still Kitty. Every time he sees the cat, it's "Kitty!!!" He isn't saying Mama yet...I say "Mama" and his replies "Dada". I'm relentless though and refuse to give up :) He knows what a lot of things are but can't say them yet. I can tell him to go get his milk and there he goes to the place he left it.  If Moose A. Moose is on tv, I tell him "Moose is on!" and there he goes to the tv. He still LOVES Moose :)

If he gets tired he just lays down flat where he is...even on the kitchen floor, ha! I haven't been able to get a picture of it yet. He also likes to cuddle with blankets. He loves to climb stairs. He can go up and scoot down but still supervised. He's obsessed with pulling every book off his bookshelf. They are on his floor 90% of the time. I try to keep them cleaned up but as soon as I do...he's right behind me pulling them back off. Oh well, they are his books. He is cute though because he tries to put them back on the shelf himself but can't quite get them in there right :) He likes to be read too although he tries to turn the page before I can finish reading it. I'm just glad he likes books!

He loves to dance which is more of a rocking back and forth motion. Any time he hears music (any kind) he dances. This could be because Mommy dances around the house to music or tv and apparently it's pretty funny to the little guy.

I know there's more fun stuff but I can't remember them all at the moment. He's such a sweet and funny little boy and we just love watching him grow and learn everyday! We are truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment