Wednesday, July 13, 2011

First Haircut...sort of

Blake and I contemplated cutting Preston's hair for months and we finally decided to bite the bullet when the front of his hair had begun to touch his nose. Obviously I knew it was getting long but we were afraid cutting the front and leaving his sweet little curls in the back would end up looking mullet-ish. And since we cannot part with his curls just yet, we put off the haircut as long as possible. But...when the thought crossed my mind to bobby pin his hair to keep it out of his eyes, I knew we could put it off no longer.

My childhood best friend and hairstylist gave him a once-over and said trimming the top and snipping just a little bit in the back should look just fine. So that's what we did! There was literally only a tiny cupful of hair that I kept because there just wasn't that much cut off. I'll be sure to save more when he has a big boy haircut.

As for the haircut process, it was totally chaotic slightly stressful.

Things started out good since he was hanging out in my lap with a sucker.


He wasn't crazy about Erin messing with his hair while he was trying to eat his sucker but we managed to hold him still long enough to get the front snipped.


Then I had to break out my phone to try and use as distraction since he wanted down.


Then he was thankfully tired of his sucker...sticky sucker + loose falling hairs = gross mess all over us both.
Up next came the oatmeal cream pie, lasting a minute or two before the rest was shoved in my mouth.


And the final result!
Ready for nap time :)


Oh well, we made it through in one piece and our boy isn't blinded by a mop of hair anymore. Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment