Wow, I feel like this pregnancy is flying by so quickly now. Our sweet girl is going to be here so soon! And we have lots to do before then. We said our goodbyes to our old house (tear) and have now been living at my parents house since the beginning of January. We FINALLY found the house we want and put a contract on it last week. If all goes as planned we should be closing at the end of February. Yay! I'm so relieved. I was beginning to think we would never find the right one but thank the Lord we did. And I should have just enough time to get things settled before Little Miss decides to make her appearance. As for a name, it will be for sure be Ella but we haven't nailed down the middle name. I'm sure that will be finalized soon once Blake can make a commitment to one :) He just wants her name to be perfect :)
Okay, let's see. As far as pregnancy goes, I am doing well but I have definitely slowed down a great deal. My stomach hurts a lot and I'm just generally uncomfortable but I know all that is normal. As of my 26 week check up I have gained 15 pounds total. I wouldn't be surprised if it was already more at my 28 week check up this coming Friday. I also failed my glucose screening at that visit. Talk about a bummer. I passed it with Preston so I definitely didn't expect to fail this time. So I went last week and had the 3 hour test performed (ugh, it was not fun) and I passed! But up until the end I thought there was a good chance I would fail again. What they do is have you drink an entire bottle of the glucola liquid. It's kind of like a sweeter/syrupy Hawaiian Punch. Gag, right? Oh and I couldn't have anything but water after midnight the night before so it was not pleasant. Anyway, once you drink it they check your blood sugar level every hour for 3 hours and it should go down below a certain number in order to pass. I passed after the first hour and was feeling very excited and then I failed the second hour. Geez! It was supposed to be under 155 and mine was 159. So here I was at the tie breaker after the third hour and it was supposed to be under 140...and it was 124!!! I am so thankful! It would have been tough to be on the special diet for gestational diabetes. So after that good report and a Chick-Fil-A nugget meal I was feeling much better :)
Also at my 26 week visit my doctor measured my tummy for the first time...and I measured at 29 weeks. Yikes! But I also measured a few weeks ahead with Preston too. He was 3 weeks early and weighed 7 lb 15 oz. I have a feeling this one may decided to come early too which will be a good thing if she continues to measure so big! My doctor wasn't worried about anything but said she will keep an eye on her.
Preston is so cute now when we talk about the baby. He pulls my shirt up to see my belly and says "Baby Sisser" and then kisses my tummy. It's just precious. He also picks up some tiny hair bows that are hers and says the same thing. I think he's going to be such a good big brother...until she wants some of his toys. We will just cross that bridge when we get to it :)
Ella moves around a TON. I can't remember if Preston was this active but this baby girl is always on the move. My belly just bounces and wobbles constantly, even while I'm walking around. It almost throws me off balance. I think she's sassy already.
I have some pregnancy progression photos that I will post soon but I need an updated one first. And hopefully we will have 4D pics of our sweet girl within the next few weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment