We're moving. I can't believe it. Funny how things work out. Our house had been on the market for six months and at the end of November we decided to take it off the market and start getting things ready for Baby Girl. We didn't have HAVE to move, just wanted to find something with a little more space. So we had just convinced ourselves that we were just fine in our little house when we got one final showing. And it's been a crazy few weeks since then. Our goal is to close on the house at the end of the month but now it's looking like we may get pushed back another week. Oh yeah, has anyone mentioned that Christmas is only five days before the end of the month? Holy moly, all rolled into one week we have to pack, celebrate Christmas, move the majority of our stuff into storage and move ourselves into my parents house. And being five months pregnant doesn't make the situation any easier.
But with that said we are really looking forward to this new change in our lives and thankful for the opportunity to do so since selling a house in this market is quite the task. I can't help but feel bittersweet about the whole situation though. We have been in this house for five years and brought our baby home to this house. When we were first married we lived in a town home for about 11 months before we moved here. I boo hooed the day we left that little town home so I can only imagine how I will feel when we leave here...especially since pregnancy hormones are involved this time around.
Side note: I got a small taste of what moving day is going to be like. We sold our dining room table and chairs on Craigslist. The other night the buyers came to get the table and I almost shed a tear when they carried it out. We bought it right after we got married and although it was my idea to sell it for a different one, I couldn't help but feel a little choked up seeing it go. Ugh, I hate being such a sap.
One of my main concerns is the change for Preston. He loves his house and I just hope he adjusts well to a new one...when we find it! We've been looking but haven't made any decisions yet. So in the meantime we will be staying with my parents. We don't have much time to decide though since Baby Girl will be here in April!
I guess that's enough mushing on my house. Thought I would share a couple of pictures of our little abode.
Our house has come a long way since the builder beige construction days...
No comments:
Post a Comment