Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Ella Reeves is 2 Months old!
As always, time is flying by and our girl is already two months old. We love having her in our family. What did we do without this precious little bundle?
Facts First:
We went for her 2 month check-up on Friday and I was shocked to find out that she weighed the exact same as her 1 month check-up...what? I freaked out. The doctor seems to think that she was incorrectly weighed at her 1 month appointment. Not even gaining an ounce just made no sense to either one of us, especially since she visually looks bigger and fills out her clothes more than she did at a month old. Her doctor did not seem worried but we decided to bring her in again a week later (this Friday) to weigh her again. If she hasn't gained anything or has lost weight, she will have to be re-evaluated. So needless to say I have been trying to feed her as much as possible without overfeeding her.
Typically she would only nurse on one side and then sleep for a couple of hours. But she would also spit up a good amount and I just assumed she had plenty to eat, especially since she is a very happy baby and smiling all the time. Although I don't really think she is being underfed, I've been trying to get her to nurse both sides now and she is taking it pretty well. I've been worried just because I'm a mom and hello, worry is our middle name. For her age and weight at 11 lbs 12 oz, she is still above average in the 65th percentile. However, the most important thing is that she is continuing to grow. So anyone who reads this, please pray she has gained some weight by this Friday!
She has grown in length to 23 inches and is in the 75th percentile for height.
Besides the weight glitch, she looks great to the doctor and is very healthy. She has a small hemangioma on her arm (like a strawberry birthmark) and her doctor said it should be just fine. It will probably change color as she gets towards a year old and may fade. She said she would probably always have some kind of birthmark there though. We don't have to worry unless it starts getting larger. At that point we would have to see a dermatologist.
Okay, how about some fun stuff now.
Ella is such a happy little girl. She just smiles all the time and really only fusses when she is hungry or sleepy. If she wakes up and fusses for someone to get her, she greets you with a big smile. She is watching us all the time now and loves to be talked too. She loves to coo and talk back to us too. Preston is still loving on his baby sister all the time. He adores her. It melts my heart to see him talk to her and she smile back at him. They are forming a little bond already.
She sleeps in her swing during the day. I have tried to put her in her crib some for naps but she only stays in there 10 minutes or so and she's had enough. She's starting to put herself to sleep more and more. The other night I laid her in the floor by Blake who was watching basketball. She just kicked around for a while, found her thumb and was off to la-la land. She still does well in her bassinet at night too. After I feed her she will usually drift off to sleep on her own...but with the help of her paci or thumb of course.
She is sitting in her bumbo in small increments now. She loves to sit up and look around. She doesn't like to be cradled very much, just like her big brother on that one.
I haven't ventured out by myself very much with just the two of them yet. We have gone swimming with friends a few times but I'm still afraid to handle both of them in a store. Preston is a one-person job all on his own in a store so I'm a little nervous! Plus, if I have him in the top of the buggy and Ella's carseat inside the buggy, where will my groceries go? Thankfully, my sweet Mama can meet me during the day and help out if I need a few things. I'm sure things will get a little easier when Ella is bigger though. Overall, we are adjusting very well in the Mosley household and we couldn't be happier with our sweet babies.
I will update as soon as I can about Ella's weight check this Friday.
And I will have a new post on my Preston this week too. He's such a big boy now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment