Monday, August 6, 2012
3 Months!
I knew I better get a post in pretty quickly since we are fast approaching 4 months already!
Our girl is such a happy little baby. I just can't say it enough. If she is fed and has had at least a power nap, she is just as smiley and happy as can be.
Every morning when she wakes up and sees one of us, she instantly gives this huge grin. I love it. It makes my day (especially since I'm still sleep deprived and usually groggy in the early a.m.).
Her sleeping habits have been a little rough on Mommy over the last few weeks. She is waking more than she was at 2 months old (sometimes 3 or 4 times) and she doesn't want to stay in her bassinet for more than maybe an hour or two. Yes, I know, she needs to be in her crib. The reason for the delay is we just purchased her monitor and haven't set it up yet (it's a video monitor and we have to set up the camera). Anyway, the plan is to get it set up this week and move Miss Priss in there. Hopefully it will help her sleep a bit better so we shall see. Mommy is running on fumes.
It probably doesn't help that we have been painting rooms almost every night in the last week which makes me even more tired and sleep deprived. But I can't complain too much there. It looks so much better! More on that on the DIY blog soon.
Anyway, Ella is such a little squealer too. She will talk and squeal so loudly, especially riding in her stroller. You can usually hear her across the grocery store :)
She loves to watch her big brother now too. I love seeing her smile at him. Just warms my heart. We like to plop her in her bumbo on the table while we eat or race cars and she just watches us intently.
She has earned the nickname Missy or sometimes Missy Moo. Her Daddy started calling her Missy and both Preston and I have picked up on it too. It's hilarious to hear Preston call her Missy Moo. But we are sure to call her Ella a lot too so he doesn't get confused, lol.
She is still nursing well, sometimes one side only and sometimes both. I think she is definitely going to be more petite than Preston. She has such dainty hands and feet (although she has very long fingers and toes). She is plumping up and looking chubbier but she still is small to me. Although that could be me being used to our 35 pound 2 year old that still makes me carry him around.
We don't go back to the doctor until 4 months so I'm not sure what she weighs right now. Her 4 month check up is in just a few weeks though so I will post those stats soon.
Ella still loves her bath time too. She could be fussy and tired and as soon as she hits the tub she is in a great mood.
Her swing is still our naptime place during the day. I really need to work on getting her to nap in her bed but sometimes it's just so easy to stick her in there. If she's tired she goes right to sleep. And then Preston and I can play and have some one on one time. We'll get there though.
Big News! Our girl rolled over right at 3 months old, I think it was 3 months and 1 day to be exact. She had been trying her hardest the few days beforehand and she would get so mad because she couldn't quite get all the way over. But now she's a pro. Sometimes she likes hanging out on her tummy for a few minutes but then other times she flips over and gets furious because she doesn't know how to flip back to her back. It's so cute. I love watching babies accomplish a milestone. Priceless.
Ella is not a huge fan of her carseat. If she is tired she will fall asleep but sometimes she just gets mad being stuck in there. Can't blame her though. I'm sure it's no fun.
We're headed to the beach at the end of the month. It will be our first time traveling with such a tiny one. Preston was ten months old when we first took a vacation with him.
We had our first photo shoot with Ella right when she turned 3 months old. We knew there was a chance of rain but went ahead with our plans since the rain looked like it was going to hold out. And as soon as we took the first shot it started raining, boo! But we went back to the house and still got some great ones of Ella and our little family.
These were taken by Ann Wade Parrish Photography. But before I show the rest of the pictures, here is a side by side comparison of Preston at 3 months and Ella now at 3 months. We used the same bucket and blanket in both pictures. Blake's Maw Maw made this blanket so it's very special to us. I love that Preston looks so big in his - he has always be a sturdy little guy. Ella is just a teensy thing :)
Here are a few more favorites from our photo shoot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment