Sunday, September 9, 2012

4 Months!



Geez, how I wish there were more hours in a day! The months are flying by so fast and I'm constantly trying to keep up with my posts! Oh well, I'm blessed beyond measure to have such a wonderful family to keep me busy.

Our girl is continuing to grow and change all the time. She's had a busy month learning new things!

First the stats. At her 4 month check up she weighed in at 14 lbs 8 oz and measured 24.5 in in length. Her head circumference was 15.75 inches. I forgot the percentiles that the doctor told me but research on the internet gave me 64% for weight and 45% for length. That sounds about right.

She was perfectly healthy and looked great to the doctor. She mentioned we could start cereal and even solids if we wanted too but if we could wait until 6 months for solids she might have a lesser chance of food allergies. Cereal was more of a messy pain with Preston and he didn't really care for it so I don't even know if I will try with Ella. Who knows, she may like it. I'm planning on waiting until six months for solids though.

Here is a picture of her on the scales. She was so good the whole time...until shots :( Although I will say she was a champ and calmed down pretty soon afterwards.

Eating
Ella eats about every 4 hours, sometimes sooner, sometimes later. It's still surprising to me because Preston was such a big eater and nursed all the time. She is packing on her rolls though despite her tiny frame. She's chunky and petite all at the same time :)

Sleeping
I wish I could say sleep was going great but truthfully we are still having issues. We did move Ella to her crib this month and the first night I put her in there she came right back to our room. Why, you ask? As soon as I laid her down in the crib she flipped over on her stomach and screamed until I picked her up. She hardly ever stays on her back anymore and will flip over as soon as you lay her down. She never did it in the bassinet, I guess because of it's small size, but the crib is obviously more spacious. So anyway, the next night I remembered about her sleep positioner. She did great in it and slept for about five hours the first night. Then she would wake up and wriggle her way down the positioner and then flip herself out of it. I didn't mind since she was sleeping so well but here recently she started waking after an hour or so and flipping out. Needless to say I wasn't getting very much sleep so back in our room she came. She did a little better last night but after a discussion with friends, I am thinking she might have reflux which could be causing the night issues. She has been spitting up tons and I never thought it could be reflux since it didn't bother her. My friends observed her yesterday while they were over for a football game and seem to think it still could be reflux. I'm actually calling the doctor tomorrow to discuss it and possibly try a round of meds to see if makes any difference. As for naps, she still sleeps in the swing or in the carseat while we are on the go. She might catnap on our bed but it doesn't last very long.

Personality and Fun Stuff
She is so noisy! She chatters, squeals in delight and just yells sometimes because she wants too. Typical  girl, lol. She smiles all the time and loves to observe her surroundings. She is very curious. She loves to be walked around. She started playing with toys this month. She was in the swing one night and I would hand her some of Preston's blocks with holes and she would wrap a finger in the hole and hold onto it. So sweet. We bought her a set of girly baby keys and she loves those. It's so precious to see her teeny little hands reach for something. One of her favorite things to play with is Preston's cars. They are perfect size for her to hold so she and Preston can already play together :) Another favorite toy is her toes. She loves to hold onto them and study them. She also loves to lay on her playmat and play with the crunchy flaps. Like I said earlier, she immediately flips to her stomach when we lay her down so we just stick a toy in front of her and she's content for a while. She can move around some on her belly, more of a making a full circle as opposed to scooting or crawling.

Here's a picture of her holding the blocks for the first time...along with her toes. She is a multi-tasker :)



And some more fun favorites of our girl from her fourth month.





















No comments:

Post a Comment