Tuesday, October 16, 2012

5 Months!


This month's update will be short and sweet seeing as Ella will be 6 months old on Friday. It seems no matter my intentions, I still fall behind on my posts. Oh well, let's see what we have for our little lady's 5th month of life.

She is still eating about the same, usually every four hours although she will go longer sometimes. Eating is just not the biggest priority to her. I'm sure that will change. We will be starting solids this Friday when she turns six months old. I'm so excited! I bought her a few things already, squash, sweet potatoes, pears and bananas. Preston's first food was sweet potatoes so I may go with that one first. I did give her some rice cereal, only twice though. She did fine with it but it was kind of just a messy pain.

Anyway, since her four month post, her sleeping habits have changed a good bit. She now sleeps in the crib at night and for her naps. It took some adjusting at night time but it wasn't that bad. She starting flipping over on her stomach of course but she decided she likes to sleep that way. I know they are supposed to sleep on their back but what do you do? She has excellent control of her head and moves it back and forth and can completely lift her head and chest off the ground so I'm not worried about her face getting "stuck" somewhere.

For a while she was only getting up once maybe twice between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 5:00 or 6:00 but now she usually gets up twice. Still a working progress.

Naps are going greater than I anticipated. Once she got adjusted to the crib at night I started working on daytime naps. She wasn't a big fan at first. She loved her swing and would much prefer to sleep there but I knew it was time to get her changed over. She would fuss and I would just slip in and return the paci a time or two and she would fall asleep. At first she wouldn't sleep very long but now she will take a nice long 2-3 hour nap, depending on how tired she is. She usually takes two naps a day, unless we're out and about and she gets several cat naps instead.

She started playing in her exersaucer and sitting in her highchair this month and started using the bouncy seat and swing less and less this month. She's growing up already :(

She loves Preston's toy cars. That's the first thing she goes for in the plethora of toys in my floor. Preston is learning to share. Somehow he wants the exact car that she's playing with...hmm...only the beginning.

Well I've more milestones to report but I'll put them in her six month post since technically she was over 5 months when she achieved them. Geez, I'm so behind.

Here's some fun pictures of her 5th month! A much overdue post about Preston is coming soon along with Miss Ella's 6 month post...hopefully within the next week :)

She loves her brother

Two little Auburn fans sleeping through the game lol. This is Ella and her buddy, Luke. He also happens to be her 3rd cousin :)


Trying cereal for the first time


First time playing in the exersaucer. She loves the seesaw just like her big brother did

Apparently he still does :)



Sitting straight up in her bouncy. Eyes closed but still cute

No comments:

Post a Comment