Monday, November 12, 2012
Happy Half Birthday - 6 Months!!!
Little Sweetie Pie is six months old already. I can't believe how quickly she is growing.
She is reaching milestones so much faster than Preston. I'm sure it has a lot to do with keeping up with her big brother. She wants to be around him all the time. She laughs and squeals at him and she always laughs when he cries. It cracks me up.
At her six month check up she weighed in at 17 lbs 4 oz and measured 25 3/4 inches. She's 65th percentile in weight and between 35th and 40th in length. She's a pretty tiny girl but she's got some big ole drumstick legs :) I love them! The doctor said she is very healthy. They pricked her toe for blood and said she was slightly anemic. We just have to be sure she gets her vitamin daily and takes in cereal once a day.
Moving into food, she is enjoying her solid foods very much. We tried sweet potatoes first, like I did with Preston. She wasn't a fan at first but now she loves them. Not a big fan of squash or peas. She gags at the peas. I tried to mix it with a fruit so she doesn't notice as much. She loves bananas and prunes so I tried to do those together to help balance out her little system. The bananas by themselves seem to make her a little constipated. She also likes apples, pears and carrots. She is doing well with these Stage 1 foods so next trip to the store I will be getting some Stage 2 foods. The doctor says she can have Stage 2 plus some table foods like mashed potatoes or pureed soup. We haven't tried them yet but hopefully we will soon. She gets baby food three times a day, usually about half an hour after she nurses.
She usually takes two naps a day, a morning and afternoon. Sometimes she will take one super long nap instead of the two. Depends on her mood, I guess. She goes to bed around 9:00, sometimes earlier, sometimes later. She will usually get up once or twice by 5:00 a.m. and then sleeps until 7 ish. It was 8 ish until the time changed this week.
One huge milestone is she is crawling! Since 5 1/2 months old she has been army crawling, basically dragging herself around. At first it was short distances but now she is all over the place. She will get on her knees and rock but then flattens out to her tummy. She will also get her entire body off the ground besides hands and feet. She's got good body strength :) She has ventured off the carpeted areas and into the kitchen and hallways. I still get nervous that she will bang her head on the tile floors so I try to keep her contained in her pack and play in the kitchen when she wants a change of scenery. She likes it in there since it's full of toys.
She is sitting up pretty well too. She started out leaning forward a lot but she can completely sit up straight now and usually for several minutes. Eventually she will slump down to her tummy so she can crawl. It's not often she will fling backwards but I try to keep pillows around her just in case.
She loves to play with toys, especially Preston's. She likes to bang them around. She also loves to play with anything crunchy sounding. If she is fussing, I can just hand her a receipt and she is immediately calm and occupied.
She is very vocal. Loves to shriek and squeal and get attention. She yells at me if I leave the room and she wants my attention. Typical girl :)
She is so sweet and smiles ALL the time. You just look at her and she smiles. I love it. She's so precious. I love watching her learn and play. Her tiny hands are always so busy. Being a mama is truly the best. I love my babies so much.
Well, I have pictures to post but I can't get them edited right now and this post has been in the works for almost a week. I will post them soon :)
And Preston's 3 year old birthday update is next!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment