I slacked off too long this time so Ella Girl gets a combined 7 & 8 month post :)
Well, let me just say I feel like this teensy baby of mine does not want to stay that way. She is learning new things so quickly I feel like she is speeding past her babyhood!
I mentioned in her 6 month post that she started army crawling but by 7 months she was up on her knees moving around and now she speeds all over the place on her hands and knees. She is very curious and investigates anything new in her path.
She also started pulling up on everything. The first time she did it was in her crib which I saw through the monitor and it scared me to death since the mattress was still on the highest level. Needless to say Daddy lowered the mattress that night. She was very proud of herself though and was grinning ear to ear when I came in to get her.
At first it would take her a little bit of effort to pull up but she quickly figured out how it worked so she can immediately pull up on things now. She loves the little musical baby table that we had of Preston's. It's the perfect height for her and she will stand up and bang on it for a long time.
She also found the stairs (yipee!) but thankfully she doesn't head straight for them yet. She knows where they are but she doesn't always head for them. It took her just a few days from finding them and pulling up on the first step to now climbing them. These particular stairs are two wooden stairs that open to a landing with carpet and then carpet up the remaining stairs. She loves them so I just sit behind her and let her go. She climbed up 6 of the carpeted steps the other night and then pooped out, lol.
She is such a squirmy little thing - always bouncing in our arms and she also bangs her head backwards a lot, like against her high chair or against our chest when we hold her outwards. Not a clue on that one. She also likes to tap her foot. When she is laying in the floor on her tummy, one foot is almost always tapping. She will tap her hand on stuff too. It's very sweet. I just love her tiny hands and feet. And they are definitely tiny. She can still wear size 3 month shoes.
She is always squealing and smiling at us. She really is a happy girl. She is starting to get clingy though and she likes to look for Mommy.
She loves for her Daddy to snort at her and tickle her tummy. She gets all squeal-y laughing at him.
She also has this funny breathe-through-her-nose thing she does when gets excited. Its kind of like the "hee-hee" sound from lamaze breathing. She does it when she sees one of us or herself in the mirror. She loves to see herself.
As far as eating goes, she nurses about 4 times a day and eats baby food 3 times a day. It's usually a fruit mixed with baby oatmeal for breakfast, a veggie for lunch and a combo food with fruit for dinner. She seem to have a sweet tooth as she much prefers the fruits and sweet baby foods. She also started eating the puffs and yogurt melts. It took her a little while to get the hang of putting them in her mouth but she does well with it now. I usually end up cleaning a bunch of puffs out of the highchair seat but 5 out of 10 isn't too bad :)
She is still learning to use her sippy cup. She would rather just chew on it since she seems to be teething (no teeth yet though).
She loves her baths. She has a pink bath seat and she and Preston have the best time taking a bath together. She squeals and splashes and laughs at her brother while he hogs the toys. Santa is bringing Ella some of her own bath toys...
She is sleeping pretty good now. Over the last few weeks she has had more nights of sleeping all night (around 9:00 p.m. to 6 or 7:00 a.m.). But honestly I never know what to expect from her. She can sleep all night and then the next night be up a few times. A few nights ago she was asleep two hours and then I saw her on the monitor standing up and talking, ready to get out of the bed and play at 11:00 p.m. No ma'am, I don't think so.
She takes at least one good nap a day if we are at home and sometimes two, depending on how long she sleeps with her first nap. If we are on the go she will snooze in and out of the carseat. She doesn't like to fall asleep just anywhere. She definitely wants her bed or carseat. Preston has always been that way too. They like routine.
I'm not sure on weight or length since we don't go back to the doctor until 9 months but she is pretty much the same as she has been, petite and chunky :) She has the cutest chubby wubby legs. I heart them. She is wearing 6-9 month clothes and a few 12 months.
Her hair is really starting to grow and thicken up and she can even wear a few bows without a headband. I can't wait for her hair to grow long. I'm thinking her hair will be about the same color as Preston's but we'll see once she gets more of it. It's very light right now but Preston's was too. Her eyes are still bright blue and I think they might stay that way. Preston's eyes were blue until close to a year old but they were a darker blue. Now his are a grayish brownish color (very unique). Hers are so light that I would be surprised if they darkened up.
Well I guess that's all for now. I'm doing pretty good. She turned 8 months yesterday so hopefully I can keep on track and update timely!
Here's a few pics from the last two months although they are definitely not in order.
![]() |
| Wearing one of my dresses as a baby |
![]() |
| My dress again with the bonnet :) |






No comments:
Post a Comment