Wednesday, January 30, 2013

9 Months


Well, a whole pregnancy time frame has flown by since our sweet girl joined our family. She is growing way to fast for me and she insists on acting older than she is so that doesn't help ;)

Her check-up was this morning and she weighed in at 19 lbs 4 oz and she is 27 inches long. She is in the 60th percentile for weight and 20th for height. It appears our little lady will be petite :) I'm already having problems with her clothes fitting...her little chunky thighs need a bigger waist size but her legs aren't long enough to fill them, lol. I love it though. Her legs are so cute and squeezable. 

She learned some new tricks this past month. She said her first word, DaDa...of course. It was Preston's first word too. Blake is two for two. It's so precious to hear her little voice jabbering away. She immediately repeats "dada" if we say it. It's crazy she can already mimic us. She can also mimic the fish  face sucking noise. 

One of my most favorite things to see babies learn is how to clap their hands. She started doing it about two weeks ago and it's just so darn precious I can hardly stand it. Something about babies hands, they are so tiny but so busy. I just love seeing those little hands explore and learn new things. Anyway, she started banging them together at first but now she can actually make the clapping sound...at least a very tiny baby clapping sound. Have I mentioned how sweet and precious that little pat-pat sound is? We'll say "yay!" and clap our hands and she breaks into a big smile and bounces and claps along with us. She will be playing and I guess gets very proud of herself because she will stop mid play and clap a little bit :) I've even caught her on the monitor sitting in her bed fussing after a nap but clapping anyway. Oh I love it. And I love how happy she gets doing it. Cuteness. Nothing like it.

Her eating is about the same but we have added more table foods to her diet. She has eaten bananas, strawberries, grapes (in a mesh feeder), rolls, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas, corn on the cob. I think that may be it. She also snacks on Ritz crackers, baby cookies and yogurt melts and puffs. She likes Cheerios too but she gets tired of them after a while, same with the puffs. She loves the bigger veggie puffs though. She's doing better with a sippy cup too but still needs help from me. 

She nurses 3-4 times a day so that hasn't really changed.

She started riding in the top part of the buggy and sitting in high chairs at restaurants. She loves it. She loves to see all the hustle and bustle going on. 

She's gotten very attached to Mommy lately. She clings back to me if I try to hand her off to someone else. And she screams if I do successfully pry her away. I sometimes have to be sneaky if I need to step away from her because she yells at me if she sees me leaving or if I walk by her and don't pick her up. Stinker.

We dedicated our sweet Ella to the Lord last week. It was a fun and special day for our girl and for us. We are just so thankful God gave us this baby to raise and we commit ourselves to bringing her up in a loving home, eyes fixed on Jesus. My prayer for her is to become a virtuous woman of God, a Proverbs 31 woman. A few of my favorite verses of Proverbs, 31:25 "Strength and dignity are her clothing and she laughs at the time to come" and 31:30 "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."

Another fun fact is that she seems to be a touchy feel-y baby which is exactly like her Daddy. Anyone who may not know Blake, ever since he was a baby (per his Mom), constantly wants to be touched. It sounds weird, let me explain. He loves for his arms, legs, head or back to be rubbed and will ask me to do so 99% of the time I am sitting by him. This includes while we are driving too. I'll never forget we had only been dating a few weeks and he asked me to rub his leg. I thought he was psycho. Touch your hairy leg? I don't think so. I laugh because its normal to me now but sounds so odd to other people. Don't even get me started on the ears thing. He always rubs my ears or Preston's ears or even the cat's ears. Ha! I promise Blake is not some crazily weird guy. Once again, it was something he did as a baby and he's just always done it. Gosh I love him. He's one of a kind.

So anyway, back to Ella. Twice now when she is tired and doesn't want to sleep, I have gotten her asleep by rubbing her tummy. The other day Blake picked her up from her crib and she rubbed his chest. It's something we have just slowly noticed so we will see if she continues. Makes me laugh. 

I guess that's all I can think of for her 9 month stats. Our sweet girl is just growing so fast it makes me sad. Preston too. Time flies so quickly once you have children and I just pray I never take a moment of it for granted. 

Here's a few pictures from the last month, including some from Ella's first Christmas. I hope I can make some time to do a full post on Christmas. Lots of cute pictures to share.

These pulled out of order so hopefully I can explain them well.



Eating strawberries and bananas for the first time

Christmas Eve

Ella's Dedication




Opening her stocking at Grandmama & Granddaddy's house Christmas Eve

Christmas morning!


Christmas Day



Playing with one of Ella's new toys :)

Playing cars at the train table with Brother

Eating Cheerios!

Leftover cheerios :)

One of her stocking stuffers

Saying her first word...Dada


Her first snow!

Attacking some corn on the cob

Dedication

Our little family at Ella's Dedication

She rode on this at a birthday party and loved ever minute of it

No comments:

Post a Comment