I can't believe our sweet girl is 10 months old. Oh, what an absolute joy she is to us. For Preston's 10 month post, I listed ten things I love about him so I'm doing the same for Ella.
In no particular order...
1. I love that she dances when she hears music, either from a show or even when I sing to her.
2. I love the soft "pat" sound of her sweet hands clapping together.
3. I love her little voice saying "bye-bye", "da-da", and ever so often..."ma-ma" :)
4. I love that she is a copycat. If I cough she coughs back at me. If I laugh, she gives me a fake laugh.
5. I love that she uses me as a jungle gym and will walk completely around me, holding on tightly and smiling at me every time we make eye contact.
6. I love that she wants to play with whatever her big brother is playing with...she already wants to be like him.
7. I love her tiny hands. They are so busy all the time, exploring, picking up food, you name it. I know baby hands are tiny anyway but hers are so petite. One of my very favorite things about her.
8. I love that she loves us. She's my little monkey on my hip. She is very clingy to me. She squeals when her Daddy walks in the door and she lights up when she sees her brother first thing in the morning.
9. I love her chubby legs.
10. I love that she plays with socks. She drags hers and Preston's socks everywhere.
There are many more but those are just a few of my favorites. She is certainly a busy bee these days. She is all over the house. She can climb all the way up the stairs without taking much of a rest (with one of us behind her of course). She has figured out how to open my cabinets. She will pull one open and peek inside...nosy girl.
She walks along furniture and will stand on her own for for about 10 seconds before she plops down. She just started doing it more and more this last week. She usually crawls to my lap, stands her legs up while being bent over on me and then straightens herself up to a standing position. I wouldn't be surprised if she is walking on her own soon!
I'm not sure on weight, probably about 20 pounds. She still fits in most of her 9 month clothes but she can also wear some 12 month things. I tried on a few of her 12 month summer outfits and a few were a little big so she should be a perfect fit by the time the weather warms up.
She is fighting me on a lot of her baby food, vegetables in particular. She would much prefer to eat fruits and yogurts all day. She has had a taste of a big variety of table foods this month though so I think she is just tired of the bland baby food, but who can blame her? She loves bits of grilled cheese, french fries, green beans, peas, potatoes, chicken noodle soup, mozzarella cheese, Vanilla wafers, goldfish crackers and Ritz crackers. She also loves diced bananas and grapes. She will eat apples sometimes and peaches and pears sometimes depending on her mood. I also give her a quarter of a frozen waffle to gnaw and eat on to help her teeth. I did the same with Preston and she loves it. She's also had a few bites of pancake sans the syrup and she loved it too. She's doing really well with her sippy cup too. She seems to like water well so I haven't tried any juice. I'm sure she will love it though.
But speaking of teeth, she has two coming in! She cut the first bottom left tooth and now the right one has cut through. You can see them more and more each day. So cute.
She is taking 1-2 naps a day, usually two. Some days she will take an early morning nap and then she's ready for another when Preston goes down around 2:00. I thank the Lord for these days (like today) that I'm able to get a few things done and have a few minutes of Mommy time!) But on other days she goes down around 11:00 and then wants to party while Brother sleeps. But that's fun too. Ella and I get to have a little girl time together :) She is still sleeping through the night really well. Every now and then she will wake up crying in the wee hours but it's a rare occurrence. She is an early bird like her brother though and both are usually awake by 6:30 or 7:00. It's tough for this sleep-loving mama.
I just gave her a bath for the first time without her bath seat a few nights ago. She is loving it. She can finally get to the toys she wants and crawls all over that tub. She's just growing too fast for me!
I feel like her memory is really starting to kick in. The kids like to get behind Ella's curtains and me pop them open with peek-a-boo! Well, just today she was standing by the curtains in our bedroom and started popping it back and forth in front of her face and then whipping it beside her and smiling at me. It was so precious. She loves peek-a-boo and it made my heart happy that she wanted to play.
Here's another month behind us. I've already got birthday party plans in the works. I just can't believe it. Slow down time.
Here's a few pics from this month. Enjoy!
![]() |
| Playing in her new chair. Absolutely loves this chair |
![]() |
| Playing with socks, her favorite. |
![]() |
| Modeling the first dress Mommy made for her |
![]() |
| Preston barricaded them under the table and said it was their house |
![]() |
| Silly babies in their chairs |
![]() |
| Ella getting the full Publix treatment, race car buggy and a free cookie |
![]() |
| Playing at the train table. They both were not feeling well |
![]() |
| Playing with Brother's trains while he naps! |
![]() |
| We've been caught! |
![]() |
| First time in the tub without her bath seat |
![]() |
| Photo fun in Ella's room |
![]() |
| Ella's 1st Valentine's Day |
| Goodies on Valentine's Day morning |
| Clapping! |
![]() |
| LOVE these legs |
![]() |
| 1st trip to the zoo! |
![]() |
| Taking pics on her 10 month birthday. One of my favs!! |


















No comments:
Post a Comment