We had quite a morning today. In addition to Preston's appointment at 10:00, our dog Lola had a grooming appointment and had to be dropped off by 9:00 a.m. Let me just say that getting a baby ready and packed and a dog loaded up is a huge task. Oh, did I mention it was a monsoon outside? We get to the groomer and it's sprinkling so off we go out of of the car, dog on the leash and carseat in hand. Lola realizes where we are (she hates the groomer) and refuses to move forward. Meanwhile our sprinkle has turned into a full blown downpour. I'm trying to get Preston inside the door and Lola is standing by the car getting soaked. Where is my inspector gadget arm when I need it? Lola finally comes toward the door and we're in. Thank goodness! After the rain subsided a bit we headed towards the doctor. Now it's feeding time so what's a breastfeeding mom to do but park at the doctor and feed the baby in the backseat. I'm glad our windows are tinted :) Side note: While in the car, I saw a dad (only adult) come out with not one or two but THREE carseats in hand. Triplets! He had two on one arm and the third on the other. He didn't miss a beat though and loaded those babies in the minivan in record time. I was very impressed!
So anyway, now on to Preston's appointment. He weighed in at a whopping 18 pounds and 1 ounce. Wow! He measured 26 inches long too. This puts him in the 93rd percentile for weight and 81st percentile for height. His head circumference is 16 1/4. He's a big boy! Dr. Youngblood said he is very healthy and looks wonderful! The doctor said Preston is obviously getting plenty of nourishment from me so there is no need to start solids until 6 months...unless I'm just dying to let him try it. We'll probably try a little cereal soon just for practice but wait on the baby food for now. She said he's definitely teething with his amount of drool and constant gnawing of his hands (which by the way are his new best friends). He was doing so great, smiling and having a good time. Then the nurse came in for his 4 shots. It was so sad because he is laying there all innocent and smiling at the nurse right before she pricks him. One jolt of shock and then the screams and tomato red face :( It took longer to console him this time so I was a little more upset too. My mom met me there and she had tears in her eyes. Poor guy. So afterwards, Mom and I went to lunch and Preston slept. After a nap and another feeding, he is now as happy as a lark. We go back to the doctor at 6 months so 2 more months without shots! Below is a picture of him in the bathtub. He LOVES to take a bath.
No comments:
Post a Comment