Wednesday, March 17, 2010

March 17, 2009

One year ago today I found out I was pregnant with our precious baby boy. The details of it are still so vivid...That January I had a miscarriage and it left me devastated. After several months of trying for a baby, mine was now gone. After MANY tears and a week to recover emotionally, I went back to work and began to put myself back together. I had to continue seeing my doctor to check my HCG levels (pregnancy hormone) and make sure they returned to zero. I went twice in February and they were very low and I was told to come back in a few more weeks to check again. I went back on March 17th, had my blood drawn as usual and returned to work. It normally takes them 2 days to call me with the results but two hours later, my cell phone was ringing. It was my doctor herself and not the nurse. Our conversation went something like this:

Doctor: "Were you coming in to confirm a pregnancy?"
Me: "Um, no ma'am, I was just getting my levels checked again to see if they were down to zero yet."
Doctor: "Well, your HCG is over 700 so I believe we have a new pregnancy"
Me: (wordless and in shock)

So after a home pregnancy positive and an ultrasound at the doctor the next day, it was confirmed. I was pregnant again and we were thrilled to say the least. This last year has been amazing...from hearing Preston's heartbeat, feeling him flutter in my tummy, finding out he was a boy, watching my belly move from his strong kicks, waiting anxiously during labor and holding him for the first time, and now watching him grow and change. He truly is a miracle and I'm so thankful for him. Being his mother is such a gift and blessing from God and I just can't say it enough. Thank you Jesus for my beloved baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment