He is doing so much better with his walking. He has taken several steps at different points in time over the last month. And he is finally letting me "assist" him in walking by holding onto my hand or sometimes just a finger! I'm so proud! He used to get mad every time we tried it but now he seems to enjoy it! Unless he's in a bad mood... Now we just take walks through house and it's so cute. He's still a little wobbly but I really think with a lot of practice he will get the confidence to finally let go on his own. He's even pushing more toys around and walking behind them. He has been able to push heavier toys around pretty easily, like his riding car and wagon. But now he's strolling his little lightweight shopping cart around. It's so light that if he puts his weight on it, it will tip over. So he's learning to rely only on his walking skills to push it around.
He will be 17 months old on April 4th and the doctor said if he is not walking by 18 months we may have to start physical therapy. I really think we're getting closer but please pray for Preston to continually improve and to gain the courage and confidence to step out on his own, literally :)
In other news, we experienced our first busted lip. He stood up against the side of our bed and either tripped or lost his balance and fell, banging his mouth and biting into his lip. He had two little teeth mark impressions in his bottom lip :( After a little clean up and some milk, we were feeling much better.
Here's a cute picture of him where you can still see some of the battle wound. I know this is probably the first of many injuries but it still hurts a Momma's heart to see him in pain :(
![]() |
| I know his hair is a mess. I just can't part with those curls yet! |
And this one makes me laugh.
Lola and Kitty are still his favorite words. Although he insists on yelling Lola's name every time he says it. I guess it's because Lola has some ear problems and can't hear very well, so when we call her name, it's a little louder than normal talking. But we don't actually yell it...every time he wakes up from a nap I come in to his room greeted by "Lola!" And here she comes right behind me. Soon after that, "Keeteeeee" (Kitty). It cracks us up how he calls them so differently.
And ball is still a big word around here. Although it sounds more like "bull." He can also say juice. Everything is juice, including milk or water. It's kind of odd though because he only has juice maybe every other day. We drink a lot of milk around here. He knows what milk is when I say it so maybe milk is much harder for him to pronounce. Oh well, we'll work on it. He also says book and even threw out MaMa a few times. Although when asked to repeat it he says DaDa. Stinker. But on the subject of DaDa, he now calls him Ded-eee. It's so cute. I'm jealous. He loves when Ded-eee comes home from work. So does Mommy. He takes off full force to get to him. So does Mommy. Ha, just kidding on that one.
Another thing he does now is when he sees food he wants, it's "Mhmmmm." Just a warning, if you are at our house eating a snack and you hear a little voice behind you "Mhmmmm," be prepared to share. I learned that the hard way with an oatmeal cream pie...
This is one morning after breakfast. Cracks me up. Totally kicked back. He's so funny.
And here he is "helping" with the dishes. He loves the dishwasher. If I don't want him to climb in it, I literally have to get all my stuff together that's going in there, open it really quick and throw in the dishes. Otherwise it's battle. I usually don't mind though. He likes to pull his sippy cups out and attempts to put the tops back on the cups. And you may notice the utensil basket is missing. That goes up on the counter immediately. The first thing he would go for is a knife. Nice.
And here he is on St. Patrick's Day. This day is really special to me just because St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) was the day I found out I was pregnant with Preston, two years ago. I wrote up a post about it last year.
And we can end with one of him watching cartoons. He looks like a big boy (tear). I really can't believe how fast he is growing up!






No comments:
Post a Comment