Because the past two days were not so nice.
Baby boy has decided to bypass the remaining front teeth for now and cut in his molars. Yikes. What a vacation that's been over the last two weeks. And did I mention we didn't even notice they were cutting in until one was all the way in and another was halfway in? I was on the verge of calling my child a B.R.A.T. when the tooth discovery was made by the Hubs. Then I felt HORRIBLE. I'll take that Mom of the Year award now.
So anyway, this past weekend he ran a fever for a few days and started the fussing so I'm pretty sure another tooth will be pushing it's way through any day now.
Then on Monday, Memorial Day, Hubby started running a high fever and complaining of a sore throat. Oh man. So all day Monday and Tuesday, I have been taking care of my two guys, one whiny and clingy and one not feeling well. Come to think of it that fits both of them :)
The point of this is not to complain because I love caring for my boys. But sometimes a wife/mom has to recharge the batteries to keep
Blake went back to work this morning, against my wishes I might add since he still wasn't feeling well (fever was gone though). Preston was up at the crack of dawn, probably b/c of teeth and was already in fussy mode. Our playgroup had planned an outing at the pool at 10:00 a.m. but Preston was so cranky by 8:15 that I put him down for a nap, thinking playgroup was a lost cause. I was really looking forward to it since we had been cooped up for a couple of days.
I went ahead with my bible study (which is Beth Moore's study on Daniel and let me tell you, it is A.W.E.S.O.M.E, totally a must for anyone looking for a new study. It's definitely some food for the soul). So anyway, I was feeling a little down because I had a notion P's fussiness might continue the remainder of the day and I was just weary. So, what to do but hand it off to Jesus. It's amazing what the power of prayer can do to your spirit.
I finish my study, take the dog out and lo and behold Preston wakes up at 9:30. I thought to myself - we are getting out of this house and going to the pool! So I rush like a mad woman slapping some pb & j's together, loading up the beach bag and slathering on the sunscreen. We were of course still late but we made it! And it was so worth it. Preston had fun playing in the water with me and the others and it was nice to have some girl time chat for Mommy.
After lunch and more pool time play, we loaded up and headed home, Preston falling asleep on the way. That was about 12:45 ish and he is still asleep in his bed as I type at 3:44 p.m.
Today was just what I needed to freshen up my outlook and fuel me with a positive attitude. Now I'm going to have a glass of pink lemonade and wait for my little guy to wake up and my big guy to come home from work :)
No comments:
Post a Comment